ISN International Security Network GmbH imparts measures for the prevention and, in case of an attack, for the deterrence of incursion by pirates. Intensive training and clear knowledge of the legal situation lead to more security and safety at sea.
Every year, big material damage and loss of cargo occurs due to piracy and criminal incursions against vessels. However, the endangerment of the vessel’s crew is the crucial and main risk. Our training prepares the employees of shipping companies as well as the crews of the vessels for the case of an attack, and imparts preventive measures. By implementing these measures, the possibility of forcibly boarding the vessel diminishes considerably. Moreover, legal aspects and authorisations of the guards are discussed. During the course, the instructor will simulate different scenarios, in order to properly prepare the trainees for all contingencies.
An ISN preparatory and accompanying, maritime security training includes, inter alia, the following:
- Legal situation in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea
- Contents of the SUA Convention (Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation)
- Situation overview and analysis
- International law
- Travel medicine / Hygiene
- Security audits of vessels
- Tactical deployment of armed security teams
- Handling of and training with the equipment
- Communication and prevention
- Psychology / Dealing with stress
- Behaviour before, during and after a hostage taking
For the training of your employees we only appoint skilled experts who dispose of many years of experience and an extensive legal knowledge.